IN THIS INTENSIVE PART-TIME 12-MONTH LIVE ONLINE PROGRAM YOU WILL:
* Learn to lead and manage people and a business unit effectively
* Master the key skills for people management
* Learn how to work competently with financial plans and budgets
* Develop useful business and operational plans
* Harness innovative digital or IT technologies for your particular business
* Learn how to effectively manage projects from start to finish
* Move effectively from being a technical professional to a manager
* Improve your negotiation skills
* Gain skills to manage difficult people
* Learn how to make conflict work for you and not against you
* Be able to apply a valuable toolbox of skills to increase your team’s productivity
ENHANCE YOUR LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT SKILLS
Whether you are moving from a purely technical role to that of managing a business unit within a large organisation, setting up a small business or working as a freelance consultant – this program will provide you with key skills and industry-related knowledge in leadership and management.
Most engineering professionals, with jobs ranging from tradesperson, supervisor, technician or engineer, spend the majority of their careers in a leadership role to some extent, but an overwhelming number of them are often dissatisfied with the transition from ‘engineering professional to leader’. Technical people are often so engrossed with the technical aspects of their job, that they can lose sight of the need to be ‘managing people’ effectively – along with the other aspects of a business such as: financial, marketing, and projects. Much of this frustration is due to a lack of preparation and lack of appropriate skills training, a problem which this program aims to rectify.
Completing this program will build enormous value into your life and career – you will learn to focus on managing people and a business, all within an engineering and technical context without sacrificing quality or quantity of your own output. Tthe core principles of business are ultimately very similar. You will gain these skills through real life examples, exercises and assignments, all designed around, and focused for use in, the engineering and technical industries and trade applications.
Please visit the link below to view more detail regarding this course;