TRAIN THE TRAINER
It is so important for us to share what we know with others. While we all have skills and knowledge in a certain area or subject, we don’t always how to transfer this to someone in a way where learning will take place. Training is a skill in itself, so through this course, you’ll become a recognised trainer in a fun and creative way while also learning the basics of skills development in South Africa.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Train the Trainer is aimed at individuals who are or will be involved in facilitating learning programmes. These individuals may include line managers, HR managers, supervisors, coaches and any practitioners involved in teaching, training, education and facilitation.
SECTION 1 – PLAN AND PREPARE FOR FACILITATION
• Introduction to skills development
• Analysing learner needs
• Learning styles, modes and multiple intelligences
• Planning your training
• Learning materials/audio-visual aids/prezi presentations
SECTION 2 – FACILITATE LEARNING
• Creative facilitation methods
• Skills of the trainer
• Attention grabbers
• Tips for the trainer
• Dealing effectively with learners
SECTION 3 – EVALUATE TRAINING
• Role-players involved in evaluation
• Evaluation at the end
• Reactionnaires and questionnaires
You will prepare and facilitate a session on the last day, which we will record and offer feedback. The remaining time will be spent on portfolio building.