The ABCs of Instructional Design
- Video3.5 hours
- Skill LevelAll Levels
- IncludesLifetime access
30 day money back guarantee!
Available on iOS and Android
Certificate of Completion
This workshop is designed to simplify course or unit design by modeling a systematic approach to instructional design. Unit and course design is by nature complex, but in this workshop we will apply 2 instructional design models to help us break down the design process into more manageable units: the ADDIE Model and the Understanding By Design (UBD) Model. Case studies, assessment tasks, instructional websites, videos, and supplemental readings have been carefully selected to model the practical application of the design models.
If you are a secondary or higher education teacher, teaching fully online or looking for a way to supplement your face-to-face instruction with online instruction, you will find one or more sections of this course valuable as you plan, create, and implement an online learning environment. The course is self-paced and designed with the expectation that students will review the content according to their specific requirements. Discussion is a critical component of the instruction and we encourage interaction between students and with the facilitator(s) in the course discussion forum.
What are the requirements?
- Prerequisite Knowledge:
- Familiarity with principles of pedagogy/andragogy
- Familiarity with basic learning models and instructional design models
What am I going to get from this course?
- By the end of the course you will apply learning theories to design course content, instructional strategies, and assessment tasks.
- In this course, you will learn how to design an inviting and easy to navigate online environment using designer tools in your current learning management system.
- Students will be challenged to take the time to experience the online learning environment from both student and teacher perspective, participating in and facilitating discussion and collaboration throughout the learning experiences.
What is the target audience?
- Higher Education instructors, Secondary Education Teachers